- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation;
- Risk assessment, which involves analyzing & identifying risk, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Risk evaluation,
- Establishing and quantifying the organisation's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in insurance, accounting, or finance.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially outlook, excel, and power point.
- Ability to coordinate and lead brokerage personnel through projects and closure of open issues.
- Ability to effectively convey risk management philosophy to both internal and external parties.
- Ability to analyze historical process, modify it for efficiency, and implement the resultant change.
- Ability to work cross functional and maintain an effective working relationship with other groups including Human Resources, Safety, Accounting, Operational Management and Legal.
- Strong analytical skills with acute mathematical/actuarial skills.
- Working knowledge of the many varied available insurance and alternative risk-financing products including traditional fully insured plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.