• Ensure that all the necessary systems and controls are in place to properly manage the NPL book, and maximise rehabilitation of accounts in arrears.
• To manage and control collection strategies and campaigns within the NPL environment with the aim of maximizing collection effectiveness and efficiency.
• Ensure effective and efficient repossession and disposal processes, secured storage facilities to be in place, as well as realising any attributable security.
• Operate within delegated authority levels, and ensure that have sufficient levels of mandate to perform day to day operations.
• Manage recoveries on the write-off portfolio.
• Ensure resolution of customer queries.
• Liaise with business partners on developments within Specialised Recoveries, and their needs.
• Co-operative relationships between the various participants in the credit recovery processes.
• Establish an effective Specialised Recoveries structure and team, ensuring that all the required functions are adequately and timeously addressed.
• Ensure that people management and development frameworks and processes, including:
- recruitment and selection
- performance management
- talent management
- capacity building
- equity and diversity
• Develop team in the context of future capacity requirements
• Increase awareness amongst staff of statutory governance and legislation applicable to the Credit Control environment through appropriate training and accreditation interventions.
• Ongoing communication with staff regarding the need to ensure continual compliance.
• Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action / sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
• Monitor adherence to internal controls and regulatory requirements and enhance procedures, in need.
• Report any breaches and exposures to the Head of Rehabilitations and Recoveries.
• Provide relevant MI information as required.
• Implement and manage collection strategies and campaigns.
• Maintain a high level of customer service.
• Manage and maintain workflow.
• Any delegated ad-hoc function from Head of Rehabilitations and Recoveries.
Key performance measures
• NPL not to exceed agreed percentage of total loan book.
• Manage impairment charge within agreed budget.
• Recovery rate on NPL and write-off portfolio.
• Timely and accurate submission of all required returns / reports.
• Control Costs within budget.
• To provided Customer Service to internal and external customers to ensure that queries/issues are resolved expeditiously.