Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
We are an indigenous company, positioned as a preferred Marine Logistics/ Maritime Security Service Provider, recognized for safe, reliable, prompt, efficient and quality service delivery for the market and communities we serve in.
The Manager, HR & Administration performs human resources-related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, labour relations and performance management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the agency’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyses data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; maintaining records.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Human Resources Capacity, Customer/Client Focus, Ethical Conduct, Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- 1 to 2 years’ work experience in Business Administration functions or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree, Higher National Diploma or Masters in any Business Administration discipline
- Human Resource related certifications is an added advantage.
Send Your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org