The Managing Director will manage all the activities of the company. The position is based in Lagos.
General Management and finance
Manage the teams of local and expatriate staff
Review and analyze expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine need for increase in fares or tariffs, lead the expansion of existing schedules, or expansion of routes
Analyze logistics data reports to identify & actualize cost savings and opportunities for all segments
Provides adequate reporting on regular basis to the group
- Guide the sales team in driving successful businesses for Import and Export of shipment
- Continually develop new business by identifying and meeting target clients, networking, and selling all service lines.
- Sell projects to new and existing clients, clarifying the scope of projects with clients, identifying business solutions and negotiating billing arrangements.
- Identify future project needs of clients and ensuring clients’ expectations are met.
- Coordinate general feedback to customers and sales team on the status of the shipments
- Ensure approved business contracts are executed by taking responsibility for the completion of all Operations
- Supervise operations department
- Supervise the documentation department and coordinate custom clearance procedures to ensure prompt delivery and ensure that client trade compliance policy is followed strictly
- Interacting with suppliers and clients
- Interacts with Customs
- Implement and maintain a high security standard.
- A minimum of 10 Years experience in the shipping/logistics industry
- Ability to identify key issues and establish priorities
- Multi-Tasking Management
- Analytical, conceptual, strategic and planning abilities
- Strong target orientation
- Leadership, delegation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial and creative
Very attractive expatriate package