- The incumbent shall be responsible for the performance of the company, which would generally be dictated by the board’s overall strategy.
- The position will report to the Board of Directors through the Chairman.
- Implement Operational and Sales Strategies as per the company’s Strategic Business Plans
- Monitor and control the company’s performance and finances in accordance with the budgets approved by the Board of Directors
- Support and advise the company on its Strategic Alliances and Partnership
- Maintaining a dialogue between shareholders and the Board
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling Stock Levels
- Building and Maintaining an effective Management Team to achieve Strategic business goals
- Assuming full accountability to the Board for all company operations.
- Establishing Continuing contacts with new prospects
Qualifications and Experience
- The position on offer requires a mature, highly qualified and enthusiastic professional with distinctive and entrenched working knowledge and interest in the Upstream or Downstream segment and its dynamics
- Minimum of second class honor’s degree in either the Social Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences or any other related field of study, from a reputable/ recognized university
- An M.Sc., MBA or other relevant Post-Graduate qualification, will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 20 years extensive experience in a well-structured Upstream or Downstream Petroleum Marketing company, 10 years of which must have been in a Senior Management capacity
- Knowledge of all spheres of Refined Petroleum Sales, Marketing and Management
- An all-round experience in Marketing, Supply & Distribution, Operations Management, Corporate & Strategic Planning, Marketing Economics, Contracting & Procurement and Corporate Affairs
- In-depth knowledge of Product Trading & Petroleum Pricing Mechanism and Financial Planning
- Strong Commercial Orientation
- Should have respectable contacts in the relevant Government Ministries/Departments and Regulatory Bodies.
- A wide knowledge of the Industry