•An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the portfolio.
•Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
•Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
•Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
- Define, develop, and execute visions & strategies for the terminal, including business planning and budgeting.
- Manage the daily business according to the agreed operating principles of the BU and relationships relevant stakeholders , which includes but not limited to:
- Determining and executing investments for new equipment, systems, and expansions in the existing terminal
- Select, negotiate, and enter into binding agreements with suppliers and customers including remaining accountable for execution and maintenance of agreed service levels.
- Determining appropriate staffing levels, managing recruitment, competencies, training, education & career planning, in accordance with legal and company requirements
- Establish business priorities to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure Financial procedures are aligned with National and International standards
- Improve efficiencies in cost, productivity and customer service through proactive pursuance of development in technology & systems as applicable locally as well as in conjunction with other Terminals.
- Drive, develop, and deploy best practices within operations, engineering, maintenance, procurement, security, safety & environmental management, including use of APMT Global tool where available.
- Organize, coach, challenge, & develop staff
- Identify significant risks in operations, commercial, finance, strategy & compliance areas
- Assess the identified risks on an ongoing basis & identify trigger events
- Own strategies to deal with & manage the identified risks
- Ensure that the APMT Group risk policy is implemented & followed by all levels within the company
- Reinforce APM Group culture, values and reputation while ensuring compliance with APM Group policies.