- Provide executive leadership to position the company at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Lead the development of a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote the fiscal viability, profitability and growth as a company on a sustainable basis.
- Oversee the company’s operations in its entirety and ensure production efficiency, quality, service excellence and cost-effective management of all company’s resources.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of annual strategic plans, annual business plan/budget and operating plans that supports the strategic objectives set by the board from time to time with a view to achieving the vision and mission of the company.
- Develop and monitor strategies for ensuring the long term financial viability of the company.
- Direct the development of the corporate & competitive strategy of the company and serve as a catalyst for change in the evolving company.
- To work with the Board to ensure that they have information and advice necessary to enable them make informed decisions at all times.
- Lead management in ensuring effective execution discipline which achieves corporate results and ensuring the development/implementation of effective processes, procedures, systems, quality assurance and improvement methodologies at all times.
- Overseeing and ensuring performance of company budgets as well as maintaining approval limits as contained in the corporate governance manual of the company
- Ensuring effective communication of the organisation’s vision, values, purpose, objectives and outcomes to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop appropriate policies and strategies aimed at maximizing the company’s financial performance.
- Develop and implement an effective branding and communications strategy geared towards creating a positive image for the company as well as portraying the company in excellent light before all stakeholders and the public.
- Ensure that the company has the best people at all levels and leading/ inspiring staff with a clear direction in order to achieve the company’s objectives, goals and targets at all times.
- Provide leadership to and work with the Executive Directors to articulate and implement a performance management system which creates and rewards a culture of performance in the company in all key performance areas.
- To actively promote and encourage cross departmental coordination
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in strategic management, planning and execution
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving ability
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and team-work skills
- Ability to persuade and influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to present complex statistical data and financial information, both verbal & written, in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability in the preparation of meaningful and accurate forecasts and budgets
- Demonstrable leadership skills and deep knowledge of corporate governance principles and best practice
- Demonstrable management ability in the areas of production planning and operations management
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including the ability to manage a complex workload
- Results oriented
- Capable of leading team and developing a team of experienced professionals at the most senior levels
- Flexible and committed approach to work and commitment to own professional development
Qualifications and Experience
- A good first degree in Pharmacy
- An second degree in a relevant course is required
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Up to 40 years in age
- Well established manufacturing/production and management experience of not less than 15 years, 5 of which should be at the senior executive level
- Track record in organisation management and leadership at a senior and strategic level
- Proven track record of delivering results in a company of comparable size, scope and complexity
- Success in delivery of operational efficiencies resulting in the improvements to service delivery
- Experience in distribution and management in Nigeria or abroad will be a distinguishing advantage.