Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Optimum Energies, a growing Nigerian exploration and production company with a portfolio of assets both in Nigeria and in other African countries. As part of its aspiration to become a high performing exploration and production company with world class assets, people, processes and systems, the company is recruiting talented individuals to fill the position of:
Job Title: Managing Director
- A rare opportunity exists for a talented individual with excellent commercial & technical experience as Managing Director to lead and ensure the growth and profitability of the company.
- The ideal candidate will liaise with the Board to set and agree the direction for growth and also provide strategic direction and oversight to the management team to drive profitable and sustainable growth.
- The Managing Director will also be responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of the company's business strategies and growth plans as well as overseeing the execution of technical partnerships and similar agreements and ensures that the company optimizes benefits from such relationships.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current resume and cover letter to the company's mail
The successful candidate is expected to have the following competencies:
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Strong upstream technical abilities
- Business/Market Intelligence
- Risk and Financial Management
- High entrepreneurial orientation
- Stakeholder Management
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a university degree in Science/Engineering discipline.
- A higher degree in a relevant discipline as well as a Master's degree in Business Administration will be of added advantage.
- He/she will also have at least 10 years post qualification experience out of which 5 years should be in upstream oil and gas with at least 7 years in senior management position liaising with the Board.
- He/she must have a track record of delivering results with notable achievements and must have demonstrable leadership and teamwork abilities.