The Manufacturing Engineer shall be responsible for the creation of manufacturing numbers, works orders and routings as well as the issue of manufacturing packets to the shop floor. Reporting to the Base/ Workshop Supervisor this position is meant to provide clear information to the shop to ensure work is performed in the required sequence, at the correct time and ensuring that safety is incorporated into all activities.
- Raise a manufacturing order on receipt of a sales order from OTR.
- Create routings and issue manufacturing packets to the shop.
- Provide requisitions to the sourcing based on material requirements.
- Create repair BOM structures.
- Responsible for disposition surveys where possible based on knowledge and experience to support engineering.
- Provide bid support to ITO to assist in the preparations of quotes.
- Creation and maintenance of item master and item balance.
- Attend production meetings to provide updates and discuss priorities.
- Engage in EHS, Quality and compliance initiatives.
- Strive for continual improvement and engage in the process improvement system.
- Demonstrated experience of minimum 5 years within the Oil & Gas industry
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Excellent computer skills required (Windows, Explorer, Outlook).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Influence & Leadership skills are requested, especially to work in a very challenging environment
- High degree of personal integrity
- Result driven, high energy level
- Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules and priorities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, able to build relationship and foster teamwork
- Excellent problem solving ability and decision making skills
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously, maintain composure in high pressure situations and maintain objectivity, focus and good judgment
- Pleasant personality
- Self-starter- Working knowledge of the subsea equipment