This role will take Cabuyao Plant to a higher level of Micro performance & capability while the categories, supported markets, and shipment volume of the micro-susceptible products are all expanding. This means the individual will need to work with a bigger pool of global/regional resources and line organizations in the plant. This also presents the individual meaningful challenges with various equipment technologies and product/process platforms.
1. Review new products and materials for their micro-susceptibility level to establish the need for Micro controls.
2. Lead to ensure that robust and validated processes are available for key activities such as sampling, process & environmental monitoring, material handling, and equipment cleaning & sanitization wherever needed.
3. Review and approve facility and equipment design for compliance to Clean Design Standard. Conduct Micro Risk Assessment for new systems prior to start-up.
4. Establish personnel, reagents/media, test methods, equipment, and physical standards for the Micro Laboratory to ensure accuracy and precision.
5. Build capability and promotion in the organization to create a culture of Micro awareness, in the Engineering team to design equipment systems accordingly, and in Quality Assurance to level-up the Microbiologists capability.
6. Lead to establish, implement, measure, control, & investigate a Micro Daily Management System that leads to attaining and sustaining Micro performance at goals. Facilitate the management review of the performance of the system.
7. Bridge to Global/Regional QA and Micro networks to report successes & issues, reapply learnings from others, and utilize experts to improve capability via MRAs and SIPs.
1. Leadership. The individual will often lead teams in the exercise of his Micro responsibilities. He must therefore possess strong leadership skills in enabling, energizing, engaging, and execution.
2. Technical Mastery. The individual must possess mastery in Microbiology and its industrial application in manufacturing hazards & controls. Hence, he must be a graduate of BS in Microbiology, or Biotech, or Biology, or Biochemistry. Experience is preferred but not a must.
3. Builds Capability. The individual must demonstrate logical thinking enabling him to break down knowledge and skills into manageable chunks and assess the organization for opportunities of capabilities requiring further development. He must be able to teach and exemplify subject matters relating to microbiology and its industrial application.
4. Collaboration/Communication. The individual must have good command of the English language, both in oral and in written communication. He must be a good team player – he can work with others to construct the best idea and can handle conflict resolution as well.
5. Leads Changes. The individual must possess envisioning and influencing skills to move others towards a required change to improve Micro Performance. He must have thoroughness to enable him to check compliance when new initiatives & projects come in.
6. Operational Discipline. The individual must have strong personal discipline to enable him to consistently implement daily systems, generate periodic reports, and provide regular feedback to the organization in the performance of its core processes.