Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The Maps team is searching for a manager for the team responsible for regional map quality and ground truth in the Middle East and Africa. Each of our regional teams is responsible for the quality of our maps in their region. This team's responsibilities include:
• Testing new releases of map code and data in the Middle East and Africa
• Collecting ground truth data to allow for analysis of the impact of potential map code or data changes relative to known truth
• Utilizing local expertise to provide feedback about mapping details specific to the Middle East and Africa
• Evaluating competing products in-region relative to our maps
As the manager of this team, you will be expected to drive all of this team's work, determine where and how to allocate resources, and clearly communicate test results and other feedback to teams in Cupertino. This position will be based in Israel.
- Experience managing a team of remote employees
- Experience with GIS and specifically map data quality
- Expertise in map data for Israel
- Passion for QA
- Experience working with software engineering teams and coordinating communication between developers and QA
- Very strong operational skills for scheduling and resource management
- Great English communication skills
Bachelor's degree in any field, CS or Geography/GIS preferred