Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Optimum Energies currently requires the service of:
Job Title: Junior Marine Engineer
Sector: Oil and gas / Power / Energy
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies in order to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- Analyze data in order to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Confer with research personnel in order to clarify or resolve problems, and to develop or modify designs.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Review work requests, and compare them with previous work completed on ships in order to ensure that costs are economically sound.
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
- Maintain contact with, and formulate reports for, contractors and clients in order to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
- Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies in order to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
- Procure materials needed to repair marine equipment and machinery.
Qualification and Experience
- Organisational and planning skills
- Strong focus on metrics to measure and demonstrate success
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Self-driven and hardworking
- Active listener
- Multi-task and manage competing priority
- Technical skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Takes initiative and gets actively involved
- Degree in Engineering
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Creative thinking and innovative approach to solving challenges
- Knowledgeable in technology and previous experience in Engineering
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their current CV's