- Ensure operational availability, maintenance programmes and ad hoc repairs of the flotilla.
- Manage all work to meet safety requirements
- Apply correct processes, parts and standards for all repair and maintenance work to ensure compliance with OEM standards for avoidance of claims
- Manage spare parts and report on all aspects including costs and purchasing, inventory levels and control.
- Lead technical aspects of marine maintenance procurement to assist the Procurement Department
- Monitor and report on vessel and power plant specifications to ensure compliance and availability
- Offer technical solutions for all marine services matters
- Apply all marine codes of practice and Quality Management System standards set by Jagal, OEMs and local authorities for operation of vessels.
- Perform specific and critical maintenance and repairs – both hands on and to supervisory capacity
- Create and maintain an appropriate reports on all repair and maintenance matters to ensure timely information on flotilla availability, cost, downtime, trends and procurement is available to all stake holders
- Monitor operational work and suitability of boat crews and engineers and mentor, guide and ensure correct use of vessels
- Lead skills and knowledge transfer to an excellent standard by engaging a local employee on every task to participate in on the job training
- Support management of the marine services team in delivery of all services for passenger and vehicular movement
- Supervise work by Contractors to ensure compliance to Jagal standards for repair and maintenance
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
· Lead all technical aspects of repair and maintenance projects through hands-on engineering and support to the Marine Services team
· Maintain a regular, visible daily presence in the yard
· Communicate & report all technical implications of projects to relevant stake holders in a timely fashion
· Lead all interface work with the client on all technical matters to ensure client satisfaction with vessel operations, quality, costs and timeliness
· Act as the key expert on every aspect of small boat repair and production techniques, including QA
Accountable for ensuring that all section work is inspected personally and verified as acceptable prior to release to client or next section
· Manage all client concerns / complaints are reviewed and reported as required
· Implement continuous improvement at every opportunity to all processes and projects
· Set safety standards and lead on safety compliance and cultural improvement in the Safety process
Required Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behaviour
Full qualifications and experience to maintain / repair, supervise and train others to operate the Jagal group flotilla of 3 quality vessels
a. Mercruiser Petrol V8 high performance marine engines.
b. Mercruiser Bravo and NXT outdrives.
c. Yamaha outboards.
Assist the main Nigerdock Marine services where suitable in the operation of the main business transport fleet
a. Yanmar 4LH-STE marine engines.
b. Hamilton HJ213 jet drives.
c. Steyr MO, SE 236H45 marine engines.
d. Suzuki DF250 / DF300 outboard engines.
e. Caterpillar 3306 / Schottel 110 Navigator.
f. Perkins M215C marine engines.
g. Installation and basic repair Knowledge of 12 volt marine electronic and navigation equipment.
· GRP Hull repair and maintenance
· Exposure to modern safety systems
· Experience in managing procurement of marine systems and parts
· Small team leadership experience
· Qualified Coxswain for vessels of up to 20 metres
· Sound experience in this industry sector in a leadership role in an emerging country
Key Internal Interfaces
- Jagal Group businesses and departments relying on Marine Services