- Manage the discipline and ensure that the engineering services that it delivers meet WorleyParsons, its clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all discipline personnel understand the engineering processes that deliver Technical Integrity, Safety in Design and Sustainability outcomes
- Specifically, ensure that the engineering services the discipline delivers meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- When necessary, perform discipline specific engineering services.
- Provide specialist technical direction and advice to the discipline and project teams; conduct peer reviews; actively participate in the WorleyParsons Communities of Practice; and consult with relevant resources as required.
- Drive a culture of accountability within the group and enforce the necessary measures when performance is inadequate
- Ensure Continuous Improvement is being made by the group with the implementation of an Annual Improvement Plan and addressing lessons learnt
- Drive a culture of ‘doing it right first time’ and delivering practical engineering solutions that are fit for purpose
- Within the discipline, develop, improve and maintain WorleyParsons engineering systems, processes, practices and procedures.
10. Lead and manage the discipline including:
11. manage the scope of projects and any changes to scope in accordance with WorleyParsons and any project specific change management processes;
12. outline project requirements, assign tasks and supervise progress;
13. manage the overall technical integrity of the discipline’s work including safety in design and sustainable design;
14. ensure the required services meet WorleyParsons, its clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
15. Communicate effectively with the discipline, clients and other project stakeholders, and make presentations as required.
16. Represent the discipline both within WorleyParsons and with external parties such as clients and contractors.
17. Establish and maintain good working relationships within WorleyParsons, with its clients and other stakeholders.
18. Proactively resolve any discrepancies between WorleyParsons and its client’s requirements.
19. Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
20. Prepare project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules.
Within the relevant discipline:
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its clients.
- An excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- An excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and discipline specific software.
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands WorleyParsons Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its clients’ needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading large multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Approximately, 15 years.
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
If required, additional relevant HSE for position here
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Assist in managing, communicating, implementing and regularly reviewing systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) that:
- Minimise the potential impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment;
- Manage the impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment;
- Manage recovery from environmental incidents;
- Promote safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplaces and behaviour, including workplaces not managed by WorleyParsons and behaviour when not at work;
- Manage workplace illness and injury.