- Drive a project for effective Safety Management System (SMS) and / or HSSE Management System implementation by Shell companies in Nigeria maritime contractors in close liaison with pertinent stakeholders.
- Support all maritime Contract Holders within SEPCiN in implementing and maintaining contractor management processes in line with Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework and associated guidelines. Jointly develop implementation strategies for the “Green banding” framework and methodology.
- Implement processes to ensure that “Green banding” level of maritime contractors is sustainable. Monitor progress and provide feedback to Logistics and HSE Management Team at defined intervals.
- Provide necessary advice and support to contractors with the completion of OCIMF(Oil Companies International Maritime Forum), OVID(Offshore Vessel Inspection Database) OVMSA(Offshore Vessel Management System Self Assessment) and review of same. Develop and monitor (report) on contractor HSE plans on quarterly basis.
- Work with all maritime contractors along with appropriate contract holders to develop HSSE performance improvement plans; conduct monthly review of the effectiveness and provide feedback to Logistics and HSE Management Team; take remedial actions as necessary in close liaison with the contractors and key stakeholders
- Organise and present dedicated Marine HSE meetings and forum with Marine contractors, ensuring that minutes are produced in timely fashion, distributed and documented actions followed up to closure.
- Liaise with Project teams who use marine services with respect to their scheduled monthly HSE meeting in order to share HSE learning.
- Administer the Shell Learning From Incidents(LFI) programme for marine and function as sole focal point for all marine related safety alerts inward and outward. Transfer best practices from STASCO, other businesses units and the industry.
- Assist with and/or lead with marine incident investigation.
- Liaise with Kidney Island, Ogunu and Onne Marine Coordination Centre and other support teams for safe and efficient quayside operations.
- Contribute to the overall achievement of Maritime HSSE performance and “Goal Zero” objectives.
- Remain as the focal point for follow up and close out verification of maritime contractor audits / reviews.
- Conduct vessel visits (ride with the vessel) in accordance with the vessel visit plan and produce written visit reports.
- Provide professional maritime & HSSE advice to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Provision of Maritime emergency response support.
- Develop and sustain internal and external relationships
- Class 1 Deck or Engineer Officer with at least 7yrs experience in oil Exploration & Production operation and marine transport operations.
- Experience on oil tankers or gas carriers is an advantage
- Experienced in all aspects of vessel compliance, inspection and maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of the STASCo Ship Quality Standards and OVID, OVMSA data base.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency in development and maintenance of HSSE management systems / HSE Cases, Maritime Process Model, Group HSSE & SP Control Framework Transport Manual Maritime Safety.
- In-depth knowledge of marine safety regulations and guidelines
- Marine crisis and emergency response skills
- Communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Experienced in stakeholder engagement. Set up and provide measurable improvement in contractor HSE oversight.
- Working experience in a multi-disciplinary team/environment will be an added advantage.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.