The company is a leading retailer and wholesaler of School wears and accessories – supplying high and mid-end private primary & secondary Schools. The company has four retail shops in Lagos (3) and Abuja (1) and delivers in wholesale quantities directly to various customers across Nigeria.
The company is currently looking to hire an experienced marketing executive with core competence in marketing and selling. The executive will serve under the head of marketing and sales will be required to manage allocated customer accounts as advised by the company.
The specific roles of the marketing and sales executive will include the following:
- 1. Engaged in Marketing and Sales –As directed by the head of marketing and sales, will be given a target and will work as a part of a team to achieve the set sales target. This will include: increasing the business from existing customers and generating business from new customers.
- 2. Customer Account Management –Will be allocated a certain number of customer accounts to manage. These accounts will primarily include Schools and their respective contact individuals within same. The executive will be engaged in:
- Initiating and establishing the relationship (for new schools) – this is carried out during the marketing and sales calls made
- Managing their supply orders as required and managing their customer satisfaction while working closely with the supply chain manager
- Business development – Analysing the potential needs of the existing customer (schools) based on their calendar, nature of activities and other related factors and determining what they could potentially require from School Kits. These request is forwarded to the head of marketing for further action
- Information management – collate necessary and strategic information about the School Calendar and activities and communicating same to the company for planning purposes
- 3. Managing a Marking Strategy Function – As advised by the head of marketing, will be responsible for overseeing an apportioned responsibility under the company’s marketing plan. One or more of any of the following activities could be given to the marketing executive to manage: promotional campaigns, price fixing and analysis on Excel, Online sales, retail sales etc. responsibility is shared based on the individuals capacity and experience.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Be dynamic, energetic and self-driven
- Be business and market savvy
- Be able to think logically and clearly, and exhibit strong problem solving abilities
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite with particular emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint (presentation)
- Exhibit superior written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate intermediate negotiation skills
- Demonstrate ability to set individual work plans and manage time and work with limited supervision to meet deadlines
- Exhibit a collaborative and team-oriented spirit
- B.Sc./HND degree in any program under the Management or Social Sciences
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience with a track record for achieving s sales target
- Less than 28 years of age
- Experience from a retail or wholesale business will be an added advantage
- Salary offer – N80, 000 per month (Net)