Reporting to the IT Account Manager, the Analyst is accountable for delivery of end to end IT services within the East and Central Africa area including account management, demand planning, project and service delivery.
Responsible for ensuring that area IT services are delivered to agreed cost and quality and exploited to their full potential. The Analyst will lead the implementation of the global IT strategy in the area through the deployment and implementation of global solutions and reduction of legacy.
Provide the resources, expertise, guidance and systems necessary to:
- Understand the IT landscape in the area and drive activities to minimise demand and optimise the exploitation of IT in the Area.
- Ensure the implementation of the global IT strategy in the Area through the deployment and implementation of global and/or regional IT projects.
- Ensure resolution of IT issues impacting business performance in the Area - act as the ultimate escalation point for IT in the Area.
- Ensure the Area is compliant with global policies and standards, including: organization, governance models, processes, risk and compliance measures and controls.
- Track and report progress and performance against Area objectives, service level agreements, budgets and agreed KPI’s and metrics.
- Ensure the deployment and implementation of global/ regional solutions to the region are done with minimal business risk and disruption.
- Ensure regional and local systems are maintained and enhanced but within the boundaries of the agreed Regional IT Account Plan and IT Strategy.
- Identify and flag up regional/ local differences for regional/ local solutions and manage stakeholders as appropriate.
- Contribute to the preparation of budget proposals and estimated project workloads relevant to the business area.
- Undertake usability requirements analyses, applying tools and methods to identify the non-functional requirements of users, their characteristics and tasks, and the technical, organisational and physical environment in which the product or system will operate.
- Undertake usability evaluations, planning and performing all types of evaluation to assess the usability (including health and safety, and accessibility) of new or existing products or services (including prototypes); interprets and presents the results of evaluations.
- Help the business in checking the ‘end product’ against the initial requirements as articulated in the business requirement document.
- University Degree.
- 6-8 years post graduate work experience including a business facing IT role and/or IT Services environment.
- Experience in a large global organisation using in-sourced and out-sourced IT services.
- Breadth of IT knowledge and working with standard global processes.
- Knowledgeable in IT strategy and infrastructure.
- Ability to apply business analysis skills, capacity and change management.