Based in Lagos, you report to the Managing Director of the core energy business and are responsible for building a strong brand image to support the business development strategy within the country.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Own the Marketing Communications strategy to drive measurable business results and align it with the business long-term strategic objectives,
- Draft and obtain stakeholder approval for an annual Marketing, Communication & PR master plan together with the Commercial and Sales team,
- Manage strategy planning and budgets for Media and Advertising in relation to the teams within the business and the headquarters,
- Lead approved and budgeted strategic marketing initiatives,
- Measure the tangible and intangible return on marketing expenditure,
- Develop appropriate relationships with suppliers, Corporate Communications and Advertising agencies,
- Establish, communicate and enforce standards and act as the clearinghouse for external marketing communications and corporate branding,
- Create newsworthy items to increase the awareness of the business within the national media,
- Identify and communicate all opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales,
- Build and continuously improve relationships with relevant Editors and Journalists to manage and distribute press releases,
- Act as the Group's face for marketing communication in Nigeria.
The Successful Applicant
You are degree educated with a specialization in Communication & Marketing and a minimum of ten year's experience at similar positions preferably in the Energy sector among multinational companies. Having been exposed to the Nigeria market is key to apply for this position.
You are a hands-on individual and always proactive, you have outstanding communication and relationship skills topped with a qualitative Media network which enabled you to succeed in building brand image strategies for renowned businesses in the country. Your leadership and ability to convince stakeholders to move along with your projects is indisputable. Finally, you are fluent in English and in Yoruba or ahoussa.