• Work with the Smartphone business head and suggest new concepts and create strategies for the Smartphone product lineup based on analytically derived conclusions about the market, customers and/or competitive positioning.
• Prepare a 3, 6 and 12 month marketing plan including rolling 13 week execution plan. Manage the productivity of the marketing plans to ensure maximum return on investment.
• Actively execute product launches, campaign integration, communications plans, promotion planning and support incentive programs.
• Demonstrate a high aptitude for developing relationships with partners and service providers and managing marketing activities within a cross functional environment. Excellent customer insight and relationship skills, combined with high energy will be key to success.
• Drive awareness and positive perception of Lenovo brand within the Smartphone segment into the defined markets. Implement the overall brand strategy, brand re-positioning, launch of new products and overseeing the implementation of all communication and brand materials.
• Plan and oversee the advertising and promotion activities (above the line as well as below the line) including media, print, electronic, and direct mail. Drive fact based and data driven activities.
• Drive country specific launch plans for all Smartphone products and campaign activations. Work with selected partners and drive specific co-marketing activity.
• Support the quarterly demand generation campaigns within the defined markets to boost the market sell out initiatives.
• Accountable for driving the overall country segment marketing plans and ensure all marketing activities are executed within the prescribed timelines.
• In consultation with the Smartphone segment leader, develop and implement retail storefront strategy and drive right location choices for in stores as well as external branding activities. Also within in store branding / marketing activities create a good shopper engagement to drive in-store conversions.
• Own and manage the overall marketing budget as well as the distribution of funds amongst the various sub segments. Ensure spend is maintained within the budget. Take corrective action as required to ensure all business objectives are met,
• Ensure all expense tracking is accurately managed.
• Working closely with peers / colleagues within the MEA segment Business Unit and Country Marketing and Sales teams.
• Experience in a multinational company is preferred.
• Good English & Arabic knowledge (Both written and spoken)
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing or business, and 5-7 years related marketing experience. Experience in the Telecom or Mobile / Smartphone industry preferred.
• Understanding of brand strategy and its relationship to the overall customer experience
• Proven track record with driving campaigns and experience with a variety of consumer-oriented marketing channels (direct mail, print advertising, etc)
• Good knowledge of technology industry, in particular Smartphone market
• Experience of coordination of multiple countries is highly desirable
• Ability to drive sales with creative marketing ideas and strategies
• Analytical abilities and experience with interpreting large amounts of customer and financial data
Personal Attributes: -
• Strong Business and Process oriented
• Result oriented
• Self-motivated with ability to take initiative
• Good Team player
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills (both English & Arabic)
• Ability to travel within the assigned Region
• Travel around 50%
• Graduate / Post Graduate,