- Monitors and analyzing market trends
- Studies competitors' products and services
- Explores ways of improving existing products and services, to increase profitability.
- Identifies target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them
- Prepares and manages marketing plans and budgets
- Manages the production of promotional material
- Liaises with other internal departments such as sales and distribution
- Produces reports to monitor results and presents findings and suggestions to company directors or other senior managers
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Creative thinking skills
- Proclivity and high level of initiative
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Ability to be Persuasive and Diplomatic
- Have good business awareness
- Budget management skills
Qualification and Experience
The requirement is for a marketing professional with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the marketing of industrial products both at the institutional and retail segment.
This manager should have a B.sc or HND degree in Marketing or Business management. A post graduate degree will be an added advantage.