Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
As head of the marketing department, the director oversees all communications, public relations and promotional activities selected to support the brand and marketing strategy. This includes design, production and distribution of print materials such as brochures, ads and direct response plus radio and television spots needed for broadcast campaigns. In line with the need to keep the brand in front of the target audience, the marketing director manages press relations, speaking engagements, special events and community outreach activities. Website maintenance, social media participation and trade show exhibitions represent additional tasks supervised.
The marketing director supervises a staff of professionals and serves as an internal consultant to any business units within the corporation. Staying informed about marketing trends and monitoring industry changes helps marketing directors maintain their firm's competitiveness. As keeper of the brand, the director often attends client presentations and helps prepare request for proposals, or RFPs, used to pitch new business.
- Successful marketing directors in the real estate industry juggle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment, and often under several supervisors.
- Well organized with strong customer-service, writing and presentation skills, real estate marketing directors have technical proficiency in a variety of software programs, including those integral to desktop publishing and website maintenance.
- An ability to lead the marketing team and work with vendors round out the skills necessary for the position. Identifying new/productive market and follow up on sales prospects.
- Setup and co-ordinate meetings.Provide status report to management using MS Word and Excel.
- Coordinating with marketing suppliers for all works in progress (production, events, exhibitions).
- Review Marketing Budgets and contribute to managing financial aspects of marketing tasks within given budgets and assist the Marketing Manager in the production of monthly financial spread sheets and reports.
Employers seek candidates with a strong marketing acumen as demonstrated by education and experience. Those with a bachelor's degree in any field get consideration, but having a master’s in marketing or an MBA gives applicants an edge. Expect to need at least 1 to 3 years of marketing experience. While not usually required, employers look favorably on candidates with some real estate background or exposure to construction development.