- Works in partnership with external agencies to develop strategies and execute marketing creative (e.g. advertising) from creative brief development through concept evaluation to delivery of the final execution
- May lead cross-functional and/or cross-channel teams to develop new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept through commercialization and launch, including product and packaging
- Monitors the domestic and global marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies
- Applies consumer insights and market research to gain understanding of consumer, customer, competitive environment and channel needs for the product or category. Conducts and analyzes consumer research to determine new marketing and product opportunities and to validate new products and programs
- May analyze information to support the development of a 12/18 month S&OP product forecast at the category level for new and existing products. Represents the M&C viewpoint in consensus and S&OP meetings
- Identifies and analyzes shipment and consumption data e.g. IRI
- Leads competitive product reviews such as tastings and competitive shopping.
- Develops and manages tracking systems for competitive information
- Supports implementation of new marketing programs and products
- Assists brand team in building annual operating plan through data gathering and analysis
- Assists with the development of CPG marketing & category business plans, promotional recaps, creative briefs and presentations. Ensures marketing materials undergo brand and legal review
- In partnership with manager, may lead creative development and execution of a specific marketing program e.g. shippers/displays, Catalina coupons, CRM email blasts
- Manages the A&P budget. Specifically tracks marketing spending, processes invoices and reconciles spending versus the budget
- Proven total marketing experience, ideally within FMCG
- Proven project leadership experience in a cross functional environment
- Strong analytical and technical skills; comfortable with syndicated data
- Proven experience of working within a matrix environment with the ability to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong team player
- Strong knowledge of FMCG marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities
- Functions effectively with ambiguity
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse business trends and financial metrics, including sales, return on investments, and profit and loss (desirable)
Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.