- Identify and analyse an organization's strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the marketing environment.
- Set goals for market share and growth
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets.
- Make decisions regarding products, such as choosing labels or packaging.
- Determine an approach to pricing and set prices for products and services.
- Manage distribution channels such as shops and wholesalers
- Make decisions regarding the distribution of products (such as taking orders, warehousing, stock control and transport), manage store image or undertake direct marketing.
- Develop plans for advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and sales management.
- Undertake marketing audits to monitor sales performance.