SKI/MO/001- Marketing Officer
A leading player in the shipping/marine/logistics industry seeks the interest of a young, vibrant, intelligent and energetic graduate to fill the position of MARKETING OFFICER.
Marketing campaign development
Follow up on new and existing clients
Proposal drafting and presentation
Market survey and budgeting
Meetings scheduling with clients
Research and performance monitoring
* Interested candidate should be a graduate with a degree in either Marketing, Economics, Business Management, or any Social Science discipline
* He/she must have 1-2years relevant marketing experience
* Candidate should be intelligent, smart, and out-going
* Candidate must have good manner of approach and must be approachable
* Interested person should be willing to learn about the organisation and its wide range of businesses
* He/she must be proactive and willing to. work with other team members, clients, vendors, and suppliers
* He/she must eloquent; must be able to lucidly express self both orally and in writing
* Candidate must have an appealing dress sense
* Candidate must be vast in the use of Microsoft office package.
The Marketing Officer will be expected to take up the following tasks:
1. Sourcing new clients that the company can render service for or do business with
2. Liaison and networking with a range of prospective stakeholders which include, suppliers and partner organisations, relevant Government parastatals, Government regulatory bodies, customers etc.
3. Researching and developing new business ideas that will help in the expansion organisation's business scope
4. Mapping out plans and strategies on how to develop already existing but non-performing services
5. Liaison with Government agencies and regulatory bodies to register new businesses
6. Helping the organisation to get various professional certification
7. Writing reports and monitoring performance as well as supporting the Marketing manager and other colleagues
8. Managing budgets
9. Monitoring of competitors' activities
10. Following up in the purchase of goods for supply to ships and ensuring goods are properly delivered. The marketing officer must ensure that supplies are duly paid for.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 17th February 2014; stating the job code and job title as the subject of the mail