Elizade University is a private University situated in Ilara- Mokin, Ondo State, Nigeria. The University aims to be an institution with the best traditions in the production of self reliant, ethics-conscious, globally competitive graduates imbued with requisite skills, competencies and ability to be key players in the nation’s quest for socio-economic and technological development.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified, innovative, versatile and proactive candidates to occupy the vacant Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff Positions in the following Departments/Unit(s):
The ideal candidate will be involved in:
- Planning PR campaigns and strategies.
- Monitoring the public and media’s opinion of the University.
- Writing and editing leaflets, brochures, press releases, speeches, newsletters, websites and social media.
- Arranging and representing the University at events like press launches, news conferences, exhibitions, open days and sponsorships.
- Developing good working relationships with the media.
- Arranging for advertising or promotional films to be produced
- Public speaking at presentations, conferences or radio and TV interviews.
- The right person will also get involved with local communities to make sure that the University is represented in a good light. This may include sponsoring corporate events or getting involved in fundraising for local charities.
A good Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, English, or related discipline is required. Membership of relevant professional bodies is compulsory. A Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage. In addition, candidate must be vast in corporate communication, with a concentrated emphasis on media relations.
Candidates must also be skilful in:
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks on tight deadlines.
- Expertise in Power-Point and related presentation programs; familiarity with SharePoint desired.
- Conference and event planning.
He/she must possess a minimum of six years’ experience in Marketing and direct Public Affairs or Media Relations, including experience in creating and implementing annual media plans, pitching stories, writing contributed columns, opinion editorials and news releases and serving as spokesperson for the University.