The principal responsibility of a mason is to ensure masonry works are carried out according to specifications: the right materials, tools and equipment are used for all masonry tools according to the supervisors’ specification.
Key aims and objectives:
- Ensure that the supervisor’s work specifications are adhered to in all construction works.
- Should be able to execute levelling of concrete structures according to supervisor’s directive.
- Inspection of repair work, projects, equipment and report to the supervisor.
- Give proper account of material stock in store /laydown and report to the supervisor.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the supervisor in monitoring supply of materials to ensure that materials supplied are of high quality, for ensuring that works are completed in safe, proper and timely manner.
- Transfer materials, tools and equipment to sites where construction works are carried on.
- Work closely with the iron bender and ensure that work is executed according to supervisor’s specification.
- Assist plumbers in masonry works where required i.e. hydrants, chambers, septic tanks, gutters culverts drains.
All other reasonable duties when requested.