Cummins Inc. is a $18 billion, Fortune 200 company and the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Our continued success globally is predicated on the capability and extent of our product range, our commitment to new technology and the quality of our people.
- The Master Technician is responsible for providing expert technical support and skills transfer to Cummins West Africa employees and customers throughout Nigeria
- Maintain conversance with Cummins products, services, applications and markets
- Successfully complete training on all relevant Cummins products
- Proper understanding and utilization of service product tools, literature, software and repair methods
- Maintain awareness and promote understanding of environmental product improvements
- Thorough conversance with Safety policies, Procedures, Job Risk Assessments and safe working practices
- Maintain conversance with foreign travel policies and requirements
- Ensure personal travel documents are kept up to date at all times
- Provide technical support in resolving product issues
- Provide onsite technical repairs at product locations within the Africa continent.
- Facilitate on site support of hard to diagnose product issues
- Provide detailed failure analysis on engine failures
- Drive improvements relevant to service publications
- Maintain updated best in class tooling and equipment
- Facilitate clear communication
- Ensure compliance with Quickserve Sprint Service Processes
- Maintain open and professional communication relating to service interventions
- Consistent, clear and accurate recording of service information and repair event data
- Maintain close working co operation with service stakeholders
- Collaborate cross BU with view towards being in service to organization
- Safety, Respect and integrity
- Promote safe working practices and environment ensuring safety of personal as well as other beings
- Exercise high level of respect for all stakeholders treating people with dignity and gratitude
- Embrace corporate code of conduct, treatment of others, foreign corrupt practice and other company values
- Extensive business travel in Cummins West Africa territories
- Other duties / responsibilities determined by the Business Development Manager – Lagos
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong service and technical background
- Proven man management skills
- Customer management experience
- Minimum 5 years advanced technical experience including sound troubleshooting, diagnostic skills and repair practices
- Cross BU and cross cultural experience.
- Strong understanding of Company products and service processes
- Certification of Microsoft office, utilization of company web interface and service packages.
- Sound service capability and reporting.
Formal Qualification in Engineering or similar Essential