This Materials Manager is responsible for monitoring the ADAT Material Planning functions to ensure the station supply requirements are fulfilled and the replenishment of station hold spares is managed properly to support the Etihad fleet on line stations.
The Materials Manager is also responsible to establish a detailed list of aircraft parts required at Etihad Outstations and to coordinate and supervise contracted ADAT materials staff to ensure these spares are provided and replenished in a timely manner. The provisioning requirements shall be established in liaison with Etihad maintenance and Engineering departments.
In addition, this position is responsible for the control the selection of vendor and to negotiate effective commercial terms with vendors for the acquisition of Ground Support Equipment & specialized Tooling for use at Etihad Line Stations. This is to be done in coordination with the Line Maintenance department.
Further he is responsible for the arrangements of shipments at most economic terms.
- Establishment and control of Consumable and Rotable material requirements at all Etihad Outstations
- Conduct regular coordination meetings with the Etihad Line Maintenance International and Engineering staff in order to establish appropriate quantities of spares are available to support Etihad operations. Monitor and coordinate the ADAT replenishment of these Line Station spares
- Establishment and control of Equipment and Tooling requirements at all Etihad Outstations
- Monitoring of the GAMCO procurement system utilised for the purchase of Etihad Consumables at Abu Dhabi Line Station
- Negotiation and purchase of identified Line Station Equipment and Tooling from manufacturer’s, vendors and Service Agents
- Arrangement of shipments at most economic terms
- Budget and Cost control as related to Line Station Equipment and Tooling procurement
- Coordinate with Etihad Line Maintenance International and ADAT all IATA Pool related issues
- The amendment of all Line Maintenance procurement related processes
Qualification & Education:
An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License or equivalent technical Certificate/Diploma
Minimum of 5 years aviation industry experience, including supervisory experience within the area of Material Management
Training & Knowledge:
- Training in Material Provisioning, Procurement and Planning, IATP Pooling
- Excellent knowledge of Maintenance and Logistics standards
- High standard of English language
- High standard of computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications)