- Conducts self in an appropriate manner working effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Assures that the contracts for goods and services at the lowest possible cost while buying the best product which meets the company's needs.
- Develops and revises directives and procedures for acquisition, receipt, storage, issuance, and disposal of inventory of parts, fuel, and capital items.
- Oversees inventory policy and procedures including inventory levels and stock-out rate and approves the disposal of obsolete or surplus materials.
- Supervises and manages materials management staff reviewing their work for adherence to standards, policies, procedures and laws. Evaluates performance of staff.
- Provides assistance proactively to internal and external customers to facilitate procurement activities.
- Resolves protest issues involving the procurement process.
- Develops and manages the materials budget.
- Coordinates and teams with other divisions/departments to assure effective interfaces.
- Prepare communications for the Board, General Manager, and the public.
- Provides and interprets the Monthly Purchasing Activity Report for the Board.
- All other job-related duties as assigned.