Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Department: Programs/ SMILE Project
Location: Lafia, Nasarawa State
Position Band: B-2
Reports To: Technical Officer
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support to the day to day implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) activities of SMILE Project at the subnational levels as may be directed by the MEAL Technical Officer and/or the MEAL Manager. Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Technical Officer, the M&E Assistant will ensure that data entry into national, PEPFAR and SMILE project management information systems (MIS) - National OVC management information system (NOMIS), PEPFAR reporting portal – Data for Accountability, Transparency and Impact (DATIM), SMILE Project Management Information System (PMIS), Savings and Information Exchange (SAVIX) are up to date at all times. He/she will collaborate with the M&E teams of SMILE and the CSOs to ensure that accurate and high quality program data are collected and entered into the MIS platforms in a timely manner, reports generated along with the narratives, to provide information for OVC programming and management decision making. In addition, he/she will support the training of CSO staff, promote program learning and sharing among staff, partners and stakeholders and encourage data utilization at all levels.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science with emphasis in rural development, public health, statistics, computer science or a development related fields.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E with previous experience in application of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- At least two years of professional experience implementing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV and OVC, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least one year with a NGOs.
- Experience in designing computer databases in Excel, Access, and Visual Basics or in other database packages.
- Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office - Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Experience in data management and analytical packages in at least one of the following: Iform Builder, CSPro, SPSS, Epiinfo or STATA. Any other statistical software is an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets.