To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
Key aims and objectives:
The basic function of the Mechanic is to install, troubleshoot, clean, inspect, and maintain mechanical equipment throughout the facility in a safe and professional manner. Maintenance Mechanic experience in heavy industry or power plant strongly preferred.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitors and maintains facility equipment to ensure safe and efficient equipment and facility operation.
- Performs preventive and repair maintenance procedures safely and professionally with minimal supervision in accordance with Company Work Rules, Policies and Procedures.
- Initiates and completes work-orders and requisitions, and documents all critical and or pertinent information on a routine basis.
- Responds and reports to work during off hours when emergency repairs are required.
- Takes proactive measures to address improvement opportunities.
- Assumes increased levels of responsibility when required or requested. Performs lesser skilled duties when required or requested.
- Complete the Corporate and Plant Training Programs within the time frame prescribed.
- Identifies and effectively uses basic and precision measuring tools to calculate and determine lengths, surface areas, and volumes as necessary while performing maintenance tasks on a routine basis.
- Follows standard safety procedures, correct safety and environmental hazards, and report them to the Shift Supervisor immediately. Reads, understands, and applies information such as lock out/tag out procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Works overtime if requested.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; as well as communicate clearly whether using in-situ intercom system, two-way radio or face to face.
- Anticipates typical problems identify potential or recurring problems, and takes appropriate action.
- Periodically inspect equipment and locate / correct problems before breakdown occurs.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- When breakdown occur, repairs as quickly as possible in order to minimize operation downtime.
- Participate in proactive safety programs including Hazard Observation program; UC/UA.