The challenge? Help develop and provide high quality, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our clients in the municipal and industrial (power, oil & gas, chemicals and petrochemical, and petroleum refining industries) sectors for water/wastewater treatment. Our Mechanical Engineer position will provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting projects in our Middle East market. Each day you will be an important team leader as you participate in the design, coordination, execution, procurement support, construction support and execution of multiple mechanical engineering projects. You should be a self-motivated, detailed oriented Mechanical Engineering professional with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, 5 to 10 or more years of experience in engineering and design of water treatment, wastewater treatment, oil and gas and chemical facilities and a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project.
Our Mechanical Engineers:
• Mentor junior mechanical staff
• Perform applicable equipment calculations and designs on process and process related equipment functioning as an equipment engineer Water & Wastewater treatment works design for mechanical plant (pumps, screens, valves)
• Prepare pumping station designs
• Prepare pipeline designs and hydraulic calculations
• Prepare mechanical specifications
• Participate in design reviews, risk assessments, HAZOPs and vendor bid evaluations. Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
• Coordinate vendor package equipment, design, fabrication and delivery to meet project schedule and specifications including fabrication facility inspections and package expediting.
• Attend Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
• Participate in construction support activities including responses to requests for information (RFIs), submittal reviews, construction site visits and inspections, and design revisions/ management of change.
• Provide input to P&IDs, equipment arrangements, equipment specifications, data sheets, vendor proposals and technical studies Participate in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets on mechanical engineering work.
• Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent
• Minimum 5 - 10 years relevant experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Previous work experience in Middle East
• Previous work experience in Water & Wastewater industry for municipal and industrial clients
• Experience in the specification and procurement of process and process related equipment for the water treatment, wastewater treatment, pipeline, oil and gas, energy or petrochemical industries
• Previous experience in engineering consultancy
• Must be willing to travel to meet project needs
In addition to the basic qualifications we also desire the following:
• Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Chartered engineer or equivalent.
• Strong working relationships with industrial clients
• Previous site work experience
• Arabic speaker