- The Mechanical Technician is charged with maintaining, diagnosing & repairs of manufacturing equipment & installations. These include among others: diesel engines, transmissions, pumps, conveyor systems, and compressors, microprocessor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, mobile / overhead cranes, gearboxes, generators, chemical metering systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires and wheels, forklifts, A/C systems and a variety of other equipment.
- Safe, efficient & effective management of manufacturing lines/equipment
- Preventive/Predictive maintenance procedures on manufacturing equipment
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance
- Basic troubleshooting on electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Installation and/or replacement of new or reconditioned repair parts
- Testing equipment for optimal functionalities/operations
- Fabrication or modification of mechanical components/industrial machinery or equipment
- Preparation of parts sketches/work orders and purchase requests to be furnished by accredited vendors
- Estimate cost factors, including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing and installation
- Supervise and train team members'
- Total customer service