• Taking a lead in the enforcement of Lafarge safety rules and guidelines through Visible Felt Leadership (VFL) while ensuring adherence by his team.
• Monitoring the maintenance operations and repair in compliance with Company quality standards and requirements.
• Coordinating the activities of all services departments directed at keeping the production plants in good operating condition.
• Following standard maintenance execution job procedures (EJPs) in the execution of all tasks in the plant.
• Carrying out equipment energy isolation according to LOTOTO procedure.
• Managing the day-to-day maintenance execution of the plant, on daily basis, respecting the KPIs through setting of priorities and direction to mechanical execution team.
• Coordinating activities of the maintenance team on daily basis and available for the call out when required.
• Participating in the planning and organization of short and long term plant stoppages.
• Ensuring maintenance activities comply with group environmental standards and maintain good housekeeping.
- BSc/HND in Mechanical Engineering
• Good knowledge of cement manufacturing process.
• Good knowledge of quality effective maintenance and repair management skill.
• Good knowledge of computer aided systems for kiln and mill operation.
• Good knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9002)
• Project management skills
• Planning skills.
• Good interpersonal relationship
• Team leadership skill
• Good aptitude for organization and communication
• Result oriented with high decision making capacity/ self confidence