Location Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Nassarawa, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto,
Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Over the years, the company has been involved in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for governments, multinational companies, industrial groups, as well as high-networth individuals
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
- Generally responsible for implementations and monitoring of all mechanical related works at site.
- Estimates, prepares and assigns the resources such as manpower, materials, consumables, equipment, tools, etc., required for all electrical and related works prior to execution.
- Plans and analyses all possible construction methodologies and recommends the best options to the Project Manager for approval prior to execution at site.
- Interprets construction drawings and studies the contract documents and applicable standards or specifications prior to execution of any jobs.
- Manages directly and provide engineering and technical supports to all the electrical work groups at site.
- Plans the execution of all mechanical related works and coordinates the works to mechanical and civil groups.
- Coordinates with Client / Consultant’s representatives for any site instructions and inspection of works.
- Assign targets for accomplishments and ensure targets are met on daily basis for all electrical groups at site.
- Submits site daily reports, inspection requests, estimates and all applicable monitoring reports on regular basis or as required.
- Supports the Project Manager in accomplishing all the goals and targets for the mechanical groups at site.
- Ensures that all the works done are in accordance with the approved construction drawings, contract documents, project specifications, and all applicable standards whether local, national or international standards.
- Ensures that all site works are done according to all applicable quality standards.
- Directly responsible for the safety of all mechanical groups’ personnel of the project by ensuring that the project execution will be done according to all applicable health, safety, sanitary and environmental standards.
- Minimum of 2nd Class upper degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Membership of relevant professional body (COREN, NSE)
- Minimum of 10 years construction industry experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)
- Advanced IT skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Project, Primavera.