The hiring entity for this position is Pacific Drilling’s Nigerian affiliate, Pacific International Drilling West Africa Limited.
The Mechanical Manager is in charge of preventative maintenance, and ongoing corrective maintenance repairs to equipment pertaining to both mechanical topside and engine room areas, with a pro-active attitude to prevent non-productive time.
The Mechanical Manager coordinates the preventative and corrective maintenance in his/her area of responsibility, communicates regularly with the other departments (electrical, electronic, subsea, drilling, marine and safety) as well as the client and other service partners when required. He/she regularly communicates with onshore field support to ensure maximum efficiency and preservation of the assets onboard and is responsible to ensure the accuracy of data entered in the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) by any persons in his/her department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Supervise and assist in completing the maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components of : - All Topside Drilling Equipment, Drilling Related Support Systems and Tubular Handling Equipment. - Pedestal Mounted Knuckle Boom Cranes and Heli-deck access crane.
- Ensure all activities are carried out according to State, Class, Flag and client requirements.
- Inform Technical Superintendent and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.
- Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations
- Using the CMMS, coordinate planning and execution of preventive maintenance with a minimum of 6-week overview to cover current hitch and half of back-to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all equipment certification documents.
- Verify minimum required spares onboard - together with direct supports – for critical/safety/maintenance/operational systems and liaise with Senior Materials Coordinator regarding outstanding orders and order with a pro-active attitude with regards to upcoming Preventive Maintenance.
- Verify workshop equipment/tools are maintained to the highest safety standards.
- Ensure that members of the department have all necessary competencies, training and skills to perform their tasks. Provide assistance and training to the crew in the operation and maintenance of equipment; regularly appraise and provide feedback to department members.