Reports to the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Ensuring mechanical design criteria are met or exceeded
- Ensuring specifications and regulations are adhered to if applicable
- Maintenance of pipe handling & welding equipment in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Preparation & review engineering drawings & calculations
- Preparation of reports for all project scopes on a frequent basis.
- Provide change control for all aspects of work.
- Preparation of documentation and manage implementation FATs
- Prioritize, organize and supervise day-to-day work of welders & fitters.
- Participates in planning, estimating, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Develop Isometrics drawings for piping projects.
- B.Sc or B.ENG IN Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates must have previously worked in an Oil & Gas OR Construction Environment.
- 5 years minimum total post graduate experience in oil and gas industry
- Working knowledge of codes and standards such as ASME, ANSI, NACE and API
- Strong IT and presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD