- Manage the agency and assess their input to digital media planning by ensuring that the following elements are comprehensively consider in digital media plans:
- Digital and social Media scene analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Digital Media strategy and plan
- Digital media buying and control methods
- Compliance analysis
- Review of innovative digital media ideas for efficiency and effectiveness
- Leading the agency to achieve the goals of the company
- Budget optimization strategy and monitoring
Digital and Social Media Management
- Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
- Tracking conversion rates and constantly updating the company social media presence;
- Responsible for content marketing strategy
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
Reporting and Control
- Render weekly, monthly and quarterly plan for Digital/social media
- Render weekly compliance analysis
- Render weekly, monthly and quarterly social media spend
- Render periodic competitor analysis
- Report spend per product and service category and Revenue performance monitoring versus investment on social media
- Prepare executive summary of social media scene.
Social Media Strategy and Plan Implementation
- The Digital Media Manager is required to provide expert support to the Senior Manager – Media and Supply Chain Management on all media price negotiations for social media to align with company’s objective of least cost but creative planning and buying in the digital space.
- Review the plans and schedules with detailed attention to:
- Budget allocation by product and service
- Digital channel selection rationale based on product/service objectives/target consumers
- Set campaign objective assessment parameters based on KPIs
- Provide detailed insight on the prevailing audience product/media consumption habit.
- Obtain digital media schedule approval from Head of Media, VP Marcomms and Chief Commercial Officer
- Ensure that approved media schedules are sent to independent media monitoring agency for compliance tracking. This should be done through Airtel appointed social media planning and buying agency.
Competitor & Market Analysis
- Monitor competitors on all platforms
- Trend analysis on competitors’ digital initiatives versus Airtel
Deliver on Key Performance Indicators
- Conversion rate
- Search engine ranking
- Corporate reputation
- Time spent on site
- Review Agency invoices and third party documents accompanied with compliance reports for payment with attention to the following parameters:
- Plan vs carried actual as reported by Google analytics.
- Adjustments of invoices to match monitoring reports.
- Confirmation of third invoices accuracy and attachment to final invoice from Agency to Airtel
- Follow-up with Payables for invoices sign-off by Head of Brand & Communication and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Advice Agency upon payment and by extension mediates on delayed payments to media partners who may be aggrieved or threatened to discontinue brand exposure in social media.
- He/She is required to work with the following internal and external customers:
- Internal Customers
- Supply Chain Management for
- Regional Offices
- Advertising Unit
- Marketing Departments
- External Customers
- Digital marketing agency
- Creative agency
- Digital Media Monitoring Agency
- Media Partners
- Internal Customers
- B.Sc. would be preferred additional qualification dependent on experience.
- Strong in use of MS Suite
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Must demonstrate sense of urgency in jobs execution, and willing to treat social media owners and other stakeholders with integrity and respect. She/he must be prepared to put in extra work hours when necessary.
- Professionalism and integrity.