The ideal candidate should possess relevant experience and knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of both the traditional and new media platforms to ensure maximum mileage for the organisation’s message & work - developing awareness, generating traffic and cultivating engagement.
He/She MUST be a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for content strategy, blogging, micro-blogging and community engagement.
Are you the one we are looking for? Then you should know that you would be responsible for the following:
Digital Media Management
- Manage the organisation’s presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Whatsapp and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- You will serve as day-to-day liaison between the organization and its online communities; Locate and engage advocates/ influencers within the community (Facebook, Twitter,YouTube, Instagram, Whatsapp etc.) to foster dialogue.
- Managing an active new media volunteer network to spread the word about the
- organization and drive its content is an aspect of your job and you will also ensure that trends regarding issues of interest to the Organisation are monitored
- Provide a weekly summary of analytics of our social media platforms and regularly share insights and analytics gained from social media monitoring with the team.
- Provide a monthly report on the organisation’s media presence, trends, opportunities and challenges.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the Organisation’s website is current and accurate.
- Explore & experiment with alternative channels to disseminate Organisation’s message and showcase its work.
- Adapt the organisation’s media strategy in a timely fashion to ensure relevance.
- Communicate briefs to external suppliers (3rd parties,) and validate every content and material used by Organisation.
- Draft media materials, including releases, statements, quotes and briefing documents ensuring accuracy, appropriate sign off and placement.
- Ensure key messages are accurately and consistently expressed in relevant media.
- Manage the organisation’s relationships with traditional media partners (– newspapers, radio & tv) and online media partners (– Ynaija, Premium Times, Bella Naija etc.)
- Build strategic relationships with local, regional and international media outlets.
- Manage the organisation’s relationships with media vendors – videographers, script writers, producers, printers etc
- Implement media activity across projects and events to meet set objectives.
- Inspire and empower colleagues to use online tools and engage actively online.
Desired Competencies & Experience
- To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Possession of a degree in a relevant field
- 3- 5 years previous work experience in a similar role
- Have a high comfort level with social media platforms such as: Facebook, Twitter, 2go, Instagram, Youtube, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under direction and to exercise personal responsibility and autonomy to meet objectives.
- Good research skills; excellent computer skills and time management skills.
- Display a high level of attention to details while being able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public.
- Ability to cultivate new relationships and nourish existing ones.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into practical and achievable plans.
- Knowledge of Nigerian languages with previous NGO experience is desirable but not compulsory
- Ability to develop well-informed advice and strategies that are sensitive to the needs to various stakeholders and partners.
- Contacts in traditional & new media gives added advantage.
- Flexible approach to working hours.