The ideal candidate should possess relevant experience and knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of both the traditional and new media platforms to ensure maximum mileage for the organisations message & work - developing awareness, generating traffic and cultivating engagement.
He/she MUST be a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for content strategy, blogging, micro-blogging and community engagement.
Are you the one we are looking for? Then you should know that you would be responsible for the following:
Digital Media Management
1.Manage the organisationâ€™s presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Whatsapp and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
2 You will serve as day-to-day liaison between the organization and its online communities; Locate and engage advocates/ influencers within the community (Facebook, Twitter,YouTube, Instagram, Whatsapp etc.) to foster dialogue.
3 Managing an active new media volunteer network Â to spread the word about the organization and drive its content is an aspect of your job and you will also ensure that trends regarding issues of interest to the Organisation are monitored
4.Provide a weekly summary of analytics of our social media platforms and regularly share insights and analytics gained from social media monitoring with the team.
5 Provide a monthly report on the organisationâ€™s media presence, trends, opportunities and challenges.
6 You will be responsible for ensuring that the Organisations website is current and accurate.
7.Explore & experiment with alternative channels to disseminate Organisations message and
showcase its work.
8.Adapt the organisations media strategy in a timely fashion to ensure relevance.
1.Communicate briefs to external suppliers (3rd parties,) and validate every content and material used by Organisation.
2 Draft media materials, including releases, statements, quotes and briefing documents ensuring accuracy, appropriate sign off and placement.
3.Ensure key messages are accurately and consistently expressed in relevant media.
1.Manage the organisationâ€™s relationships with traditional media partners (â€“ newspapers, radio & tv) and online media partners (â€“ Ynaija, Premium Times, Bella Naija etc.)
2 Build strategic relationships with local, regional and international media outlets.
3.Manage the organisationâ€™s relationships with media vendors â€“ videographers, script writers, producers, printers etc.
4.Implement media activity across projects and events to meet set objectives.
5.Inspire and empower colleagues to use online tools and engage actively online.
Desired Competencies & Experience
- To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Possession of a degree in a relevant field
- 3- 5 years previous work experience in a similar role
- Have a high comfort level with social media platforms such as: Facebook, Twitter, 2go, Instagram, Youtube, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under direction and to exercise personal responsibility and autonomy to meet objectives.
- Good research skills; excellent computer skills and time management skills.
- Display a high level of attention to details while being able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public.
- Ability to cultivate new relationships and nourish existing ones.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into practical and achievable plans.
- Knowledge of Nigerian languages with previous NGO experience is desirable but not compulsory
- Ability to develop well-informed advice and strategies that are sensitive to the needs to various stakeholders and partners.
- Contacts in traditional & new media gives added advantage.
- Flexible approach to working hours.