Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Examine body fluids and tissues for abnormal chemical levels, cells or bacteria; Prepare tissue for microscopic examination by pathologists;
Determine blood type for transfusions;
Conduct medical research and analyses.
Operates and maintains sophisticated instruments and equipment used in the division, is able to properly set up, calibrate, maintain, operate and shut down such instruments;
Maintains competence in Laboratory Information System that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory and patient care;
Actively participates in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely and meets customer needs;
Trains and orientates new Medical Laboratory Technologists in the performance and interpretation of tests.
All Applicants must possess a minimum of B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Clinical Science, Other Qualification is an added advantage.
KEY SKILLS: Well versed in using and maintaining medical technology tools such as chemistry analyzers, laboratory dilutors and photometers
• Deep knowhow of biology and chemistry aimed at determining interactions and interdependencies
• Competent at performing microbiological analyses to process patients’ specimens and deriving accurate results
• Skilled at interpreting laboratory findings and handling technical report writing activities
• Functional ability to manage laboratory equipment calibration and performing clinical assays
• Able to timely and accurately manage test results validity verification processes
• Special talent for maintaing laboratory quality control and sanitation procedures
• Able to process specimens in accordance to the chemical, hematology, urinalysis and serology procedures
• Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA and CLIA compliance directives as used in a clinical / hospital setting.