• Provide efficient and effective assessment and management of the department’s patients following accepted professional guidelines patients in the inpatient setting and ED
• Work with other Team members to mutually agreed work schedules and waiting list management processes, in consultation with the Head of Department / Service Manager.
• Conduct regular ward rounds and ward work at a time that facilitates efficient patient flows and meets treatment objectives.
• Carry out investigative and treatment procedures within the Organisation where possible.
• See and advise on inpatients referred by hospital specialist colleagues for assessment, within a timeframe appropriate to the clinical circumstances.
• Be responsible for the referral of any patients under their care to other centres for specialist treatment when appropriate.
• Maintain comprehensive and accurate records for all patients seen.
• Provide verbal advice to GP’s who telephone for assistance.
• Ensure that discharge summaries are completed by the team, ideally at time of discharge but otherwise within 24hrs of discharge.