The Medical Sales Representative is primarily responsible for selling medical products and services to health professionals. He/she will increase awareness and use of the company’s products thereby increasing revenue in the assigned territory.
Other responsibilities are:
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers and achievement of sales target
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Prompt collection of payments for supplies made and remits same to company accounts.
- Our customers (distributors, institutions, hospitals, clinics, pharmacies etc), have the company products properly displayed
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector
- Making presentations to health care professionals including Doctors, Pharmacists, nurses, Lab technicians, etc
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other task assigned by management
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in life sciences, pharmacy, medicine, nursing or dentistry
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound territorial knowledge of the assigned location is a must
- Ability to understand and present clinical data
- Proven pharmaceutical sales experience (an advantage)
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication, negotiation and sales skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and target driven
- Strong Organisational and Time management skills
- Commercial awareness.