- Work with colleagues in field and therapy medical teams to understand Key External Experts, professional groups, decision makers and other key stakeholders in their assigned therapy area and geography.
- Work with assigned therapy area medical team to provide input to the development and implementation of effective medical affairs plans.
- Conduct peer-to-peer, robust scientific dialogue with external experts (e.g. Health Care Professionals, Payers, Patient groups), selected according to their relevant experience and uses this to generate insights and secure advice that informs GSK development of medicines of value, for the ultimate benefit of patients.
- Conduct individual 1:1 discussions and meetings with GSK contracted clinical study investigators, steering committee members, advisory board members and consultants on topics related to the work being conducted with GSK.
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner, to unsolicited requests for on or off label information or safety concerns from HCPs.
- Deliver scientific presentations as required to Pharmacy, Therapeutics and Formulary committees.
- Facilitate, present, or otherwise participate in GSK-sponsored Advisory Boards or medical education where appropriate and in full alignment with Scientific Engagement principles and operating practices.
- Within the aligned therapy area, provide scientific support for field based account teams and play a role in providing training for these teams
- The ideal candidate will provide non-promotional, medical and scientific support across a defined geography in order to:
- Help ensure the safe and effective use of GSK’s medicines through effective scientific interactions with external experts
- Provide scientific support for GSK internal stakeholders.
- The MSL is the field-based scientific expert in their assigned therapy area, disease area, clinical practice and competitor landscape. Through their expertise and external interactions they will develop insights which will assist in the development and execution of innovative medical affairs strategies and plans that clearly support GSK development of and access to medicines of value for patients and customers
- Medical degree and/or Advanced biomedical sciences are required
- Experienced MSL with thorough understanding of the bio-pharmaceutical Industry may be an advantage