- Delivering category sales, gross margin and turnover performance to plan.
- Working closely with Senior Planner, Division Planning Manager (DPM), Division Merchandise Manager (DMM), Business General Manager and Distribution partners to develop and manage financial plans
- Working with the Finance team to monitor overall inventory levels to plan and forecast.
- Identifying and evaluating sales and gross margin opportunities at the department level.
- Managing all aspects relating to the shipments, logistical processing and allocation function.
- Promoting a “win-win” approach with all key brand partner
- Driving decision-making and problem solving relating to merchandise issues at the division and location level.
- Compiling communication and coordinating with the stores regarding product discontinuation, price changes and brand/item focus
- Identifying and creating Brand Markups and Retail Prices
- Establishing and maintaining intensive key item, key brand/class, and key location focus.
- Monitoring and forecasting inventory levels at the relevant product and location level.
- Managing and reviewing Replenishment orders for the relevant products based on model stock and trends to achieve optimal sales, profit and inventory performance.
- Identifying slow and best sellers, responding quickly to maximize sales and minimize risks.
- Implementing the agreed markdown strategy and communicating to stakeholders.
- Ensuring all inventory targets are met, including stock turnover, terminal stock, and movements to sale outlets.
- Identifying inter-store transfer of stock and direct the distribution of goods to achieve store sales / stock turn / gross margin goals across areas of responsibility
You are a tertiary graduate from any discipline, with at least 2 years of successfully implementing the planning functions of large-scale retail operations.
A strategic thinker, but also with a methodical thorough approach, you can communicate effectively across all levels within the organisation.