Job number: 12370BR
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- You will be a member of the Trade Marketing & Distribution department, which is responsible for the implementation of the route to market strategy.
- This includes ensuring product availability, visibility, volume, margin, quality and retail pricing are properly implemented and monitored.
- The job is also about identification of new opportunities and the initiation, development and deployment of trade programmes.
Your day to day activity is to:
- Ensure the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities in the defined territory and extended coverage area
- Serve as part of a ‘Tactical Response Team’, positioned to address situations arising within the market, as well as business needs. In this regard, direction to be provided by Area Manager, TMDM or Regional Manager
- Execute basic TM&D activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting etc)
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock), management of the rural wholesale customer and monitoring of van sales.
- Improve the company’s corporate image by operating at the highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards using the IMS as a guide
Your people responsibility will be:
- Supporting Rural wholesale business expansion by providing Trade marketing support for the DSS rep attached.
- Engaging local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined rural territory
- Supporting Van Reps to achieve high performance by developing new routes and giving TM&D support to existing outlets.
- Candidate must have an OND degree from any reputable polytechnic.
- Should have basic Selling, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining relationships with consumers, retailers and semi wholesaler
- Knowledge of redistribution concept, business reporting and communication
- Fluency in English
- Driving skills.
- Knowledge of Rural towns and road networks is desirable
- Understanding of the local languages in territory is a plus.