is a member of the Trade Marketing & Distribution department, which is responsible for the implementation of the route to market strategy and includes ensuring product availability, visibility, volume, margin, quality and Retail pricing are properly implemented and monitored. The job is also about identification of new opportunities and the initiation, development and deployment of trade programmes.
Your day to day activity is to;
- Ensure the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities in the defined territory and extended coverage area
- Serve as part of a ‘Tactical Response Team’, positioned to address situations arising within the market, as well as business needs. In this regard, direction to be provided by Area Manager, TMDM or Regional Manager
- Execute basic TM&D activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting etc)
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock), management of the rural wholesale customer and monitoring of van sales.
- Improve the company’s corporate image by operating at the highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards using the IMS as a guide
Your people responsibility will be
- Supporting Rural wholesale business expansion by providing Trade marketing support for the DSS rep attached.
- Engaging local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined rural territory
- Supporting Van Reps to achieve high performance by developing new routes and giving TM&D support to existing outlets.