- Reports to the Chairman/CEO
- Direct Reports: Product Line Marketing Managers Planning, Buying and Logistics Managers Financial Controllers
- Critical responsibility for the direction and successful operation of the merchandising division of the organisation.
- Develops and manages the merchandising business strategy and performance for the business.
- Manages relationships with partners and manufacturers to develop promotional and go to market plans for the multiple channels of business which include: Merchandising, Promo, Inventory, Add on Programmes and Contract Management
- Effective management of Logistics and Supply Chain Process
- Manages inventory metrics and EQ self through to maximise returns, sales and profits.
- Develops and implements programmes that drive sales growth.
- Develop and implement tactical and strategic business plans, marketing/advertising plans and promotional plans
- Develops and Executes against budgets for all channels
- Functioning as a contact point for the Customer Service Organisation to address product questions and work collaboratively with the training departments and various home office groups to develop and implement improved training for Radio Shack Company stores
- Hire and develop people needed to accomplish goals as well as ensure operating objectives and standards of performance are understood and owned by subordinates
- Provide consultation or expert advice on significant management matters
- Ensure Quality & Compliance with SON and all other regulatory agencies.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field in addition to an M.B.A is required.
- Minimum of 15 years Business/Retail logistics management experience
- Minimum of 10 years in the logistics management of electrical and electronic products, ICT, appliances, accessories as well as telecommunication products
- Manage and lead a group of motivated people
- Must possess strong negotiating and partner relationship building skills
- Must be able to develop and present detailed targets and plans
- Must be able to communicate with many different departments on various activities at the same time
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Model the Radio Shack values of integrity, pride, trust and team work
- Must be able to multitask and work independently
- Must be able to train people in a one on one and group setting
- Ideal candidates will currently be functioning in a senior management role in a well structured retail company in the consumer electronics, electrical accessories as well as telecommunications industry in the sourcing and logistics functions.
We provide a competitive compensation package and training