Responsible for the installation & commissioning of AMI Meter Systems
- Direct supervision of AMI meter installation on site; ensure that basic meter installation standards are adhered to always.
- Ensure that there are no wiring error(s) and wrong installations.
- Ensure that proper safety precautions are taken on site prior to commencement of installations.
- Ensure that the Customers’ load assessment is done prior to commencement of installations. This will prevent overloading or underutilizing the meters.
- Ensure that the meters are installed in such a position that they are not prone to tamper and by pass.
- Ensure data accuracy by copying and recording data directly on site in the prescribed form/format.
- Timely feedback to the BU New Service Team (for set up of a successfully completed installation) and the QA/QC Team at the HQ (for materials utilization, observations and challenges on site).
- Keep proper records of stock and usage of materials (especially the meter seals).
- Ensure that meters are properly sealed after a thorough inspection of the wiring and connections inside the meter and in the Customers’ premises.