Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Lagos State Electricity Distribution Company (PHED), a leading multi-million dollar Company in the Electrical Power and Construction Sectors and has a highly skilled and motivated workforce of over 300 employees, who are committed to the client's quest to be the No. 1 and preferred African owned electricity solutions provider in Africa.
The company is positioned for timely and efficient delivery of turnkey electricity projects to its esteemed customers. This is a rare opportunity to work for a sector leader and lead a "best-in-class" team of engineers, be an integral part of the company, and make a difference with the businesses and communities it serves.
We are committed to growing profitably and sustainably while providing its customers with an efficient and reliable supply of power. To achieve this, we need passionate, motivated and smart professionals, who share our values and our vision; to fill the position below:
Job Title: Metering Engineer
Department/Division: Chief Operating Officer's Office
Reports to: Metering Co-ordinator
* We need a Metering Engineer who can handle the calibration of metering devices for the company.
* The Metering Engineer is directly responsible for all metering activities which include calibration, transformer testing and repair, new facilities testing, and technical assessments.
* This role leads to the minimization of revenue losses due to meter inaccuracies.
* Calibration of metering devices, repair and determining exchange criteria of all metering devices to minimize revenue losses due to meter inaccuracies.
* To lead the electric test facility which includes meter test boards, transformer test & repair, performing new product (metering devices) technical assessments, lifecycle testing, etc.
* Acting as a metering Subject Matter Expert on field work methods and standards, and all High Voltage Distribution (HVD) and Low Voltage Distribution (LVD) projects involving customer metering devices.
* Preparing the MTC and field operation for Smart Grid technology deployment and future job activities.
* Follow approved standards in design with minor modifications.
* Ensure that all customers are adequately metered in line with the objectives.
* Must Ensure Optimal Operation of meters
The most important performance objective for this position is:
* 30 Day Milestone
o Ensure prompt metering of customers
* 90 Day Milestone
o Ensure revenue protection by carrying out meter recertification
* 180 Day Milestone
o Event monitoring of metering equipment to avoid losses
Qualifications (Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
* A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and other job related course; NSE, COREN
* Minimum 10 years working experience in energy distribution related industry with significant exposure in metering Operations, Assets Management, Technical services management and had been a lead metering engineer in installation
* Experience in LVD systems with a higher emphasis on electric metering preferred;
* Knowledge or ability to quickly learn and apply Technical Standards relating to metering and industry standards
The following will also be highly regarded:
* Academic honors, awards, scholarships & prizes
* Strong commitment to a career in the power sector
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong team skills with demonstrated leadership skills
This position provides a comprehensive compensation package including a competitive base salary commensurate with skills and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:send their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org